Proper dress is part of our image at Albert Einstein Academy. It has been proven to build a strong community and positively impact a child’s ability to learn.
Tops All students wear a polo shirt in their choice of color: WHITE, NAVY, MAROON, SPORT GREY or BLACK. Students have the option of purchasing Albert Einstein Academy logo embroidered polo shirts that fulfill the dress code requirements.
Purchasing the AEA logo shirt is just a click away in our http://ealas.org/agu/product/aea-logo-apparel/!
Bottoms AEA dress code requires students to wear solid, single-colored, pants, shorts, skirts, or skorts in their choice of navy, khaki, grey or black. You can find these items at your favorite local or online clothing retailer. No denim, sweats or leggings (except leggings under skirts).
Outerwear Sweaters, jackets and sweatshirts worn in school should be one of the five polo shirt colors, plain and solid, with no patterns, writing, or advertisement. Weather conditions will dictate the use and acceptance of outwear at the school. AEA sweatshirts are available for purchase at our official online store.
Footwear Closed-toed shoes must be worn at all times. Open-toed or open-heeled shoes, bedroom slippers, steel-toed boots, or “wheelies” (skate shoes) are not permitted. Keep in mind that Physical Education classes are offered multiple times per week and appropriate footwear is required.
Proper Fit and Size Guidelines
• Clothing exposing the torso, mid-chest, or the midriff (front, back, or sides) shall not be worn.
• Underwear shall not be visible.
• Clothing not properly fastened, not in good repair, or with tears that are indecent shall not be worn.
• Clothing traditionally designed as undergarments or sleepwear shall not be worn as outer garments.
• All pants and shorts shall be secured at the waist and properly fitted.
• Mini skirts, mini dresses, or short shorts shall not be permitted.
• Hemlines shall be no shorter than four (4) inches above the knee.
• In general, students should appear neat and not slovenly.
• Garments and/or jewelry that display or suggest sexual, vulgar, drug, gang, weapons, or alcohol-related wording or graphics, or which provoke or may tend to provoke violence or disruption in the school, shall not be worn.
• Wallet chains shall not be worn.
• Head coverings shall not be worn in the building or on school grounds unless required for sports participation, religious observance, or health related reasons.
* Students will receive a more detailed description of the dress “DOs and “DON’Ts in their Student Handbook.
** For families with financial hardship, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.