Facts about Albert Einstein Academy – William S. Hart Union High School District
After only two years, the Albert Einstein Academy middle/high school is in the top 1% of performance for schools in the state—number 40 out of nearly 2800 schools.
Albert Einstein Academy—Hart was the highest performing middle/high school in the district in 2010/2011 with an API of 908. In 2011/2012, API increased to 910, despite the addition of a 10th grade, additional pupils, and an increased number of special education students.
There is a waiting list of 665 students for the existing school.
Our special education percentage is higher than that of the district average.
39% of the student population is non-white.
The school is WASC (Western Association of Schools & Colleges) accredited. This was achieved in only our second year of operation—an uncommon occurrence.
The school received the maximum five-year extension for a charter, even before our initial approval was up for consideration.
Albert Einstein Academies is a grassroots, nonprofit organization led by parents, not a for-profit venture.
The school was approved for a municipal bond by prominent investment bank Piper Jaffray after a thorough review of our finances.
The Albert Einstein Academy Santa Clarita has both Junior High School and High School sports.
We have a community service requirement for students.
Summary cited in our renewal by the Hart District:
- Challenging college preparatory program with an interdisciplinary focus
- Multi-language acquisition focus
- College preparatory and career path programs
- Excellent API score (908)
- A wide variety of opportunities for developing student leadership
- Highly invested parental involvement
- High demand for admission
- A culture of inclusion
- Educational travel opportunities
- Strong community outreach
- Language choices that are not available at other schools
- Membership in C.I.F.
- Wide variety of elective choices
- Strong fundraising track record
- Access to short term, interest free loans
- Strong fiscal oversight
- Extended school year
- Successful partnership with the district in regard to special education services
- Strong working relationship with the Hart District