About Independent Learning/Home Study
How does it work?
- Complete and submit an application to apply for enrollment.
- You will be assigned to a Teacher/Facilitator who will meet with you and assist you throughout the school year.
- You are given an allotment of funding to use towards purchasing educational materials or signing up for classes.
- You work with your child(ren) each day, creating your own schedule, facilitating their learning in a way and at a pace that works best for them.
- You meet with your teacher at least once each month to turn in Attendance Log and Educational Activity Log.
- Your teacher values the work that your child completes and assigns credit, which is applied to their student records.
Why AEA Independent Learning or Home Study?
- You’ll receive a generous funding allotment and the freedom to select educational materials and/or classes that you feel are best for your child.
- You’ll have the support and guidance of an experienced, credentialed teacher that understands Independent Learning and/or Home Study.
- You’ll be part of the AEA school community, which includes both the Independent Learning/Home Study families AND the Blended Learning families.
- You’re child(ren) will have access to every activity and event at the Learning Center that is non-classroom based. This includes after school enrichment, school sponsored athletics, field trips, special events, community service activities, and more.
- Weekly Learning Center hours are offered for students to receive direct help from teachers and/or independent learning facilitators.
How do you get started?
- Contact Eddie Nathan at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com if you have any questions or just want to learn more.
- Download and complete an application, which can be found under the “About” tab. Mail your application or drop it off in person at 8844 Burton Way, Beverly Hills 90211.
- We’ll help you take care of the rest!
Questions? Contact the school here.